eTourism Trends 2010
Here some insights of his interesting post.
- The online travel market share in Europe will grow despite the economic crisis
- Travel metasearch websites will become increasingly popular among European Internet users
- Online media consumption will continue to grow
- Social media marketing and social commerce will become an integral part in the online marketing mix
- The need for “advanced analytics” to provide simulation, prediction, optimization
- Mobile is moving into the mainstream. The convergence of location-based and social-aware
- Video conferencing will gain momentum as an alternative to business travel
- Whole body scanners will become the standard on many airports due to increased threat of terroristic attacks
Finally, prof. Maurer says: “the year 2010 will bring significant changes in terms of online media usage, advertising formats and e-commerce, m-commerce and social commerce activities.”
If you are interested in these and other topics about new media in tourism I will be happy to welcome you to the upcoming ENTER2010 eTourism Horizons conference (Lugano February 10-12).