- Associate Professor in Marketing – École hôtelière de Lausanne (CH)
Academic Past Positions
- Associate Professor in Marketing – Henley Business School, University of Reading (UK)
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing & Management, Bournemouth University (UK)
- Lecturer and Executive Director – Università della Svizzera italiana (CH).
Industry Past Positions
- Board of Directors IFITT (International Federation of IT in Travel and Tourism)
- Managing Director TicinoInfo SA – Regional Tourism Technology Competence Center
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Media Communication (HES-SO – RCSO)
- Customer Centricity in Hospitality (IULM)
- Business Model and Impact Consultant (Hoxell)
- Digital Innovation and Transformation Consultant and Speaker (Unicredit)
- Mobile Markerting and Mobile Communication Project Lead (SEA Aereoporti)
- Social Media Consultant (Festival del Film Locarno)
- Web2rism: semi-automatic tool to analyze tourism online reputation (KTI-CTI)
- EUBike (EU-LLP)
- Innovation in Rural Tourism (EU-LLP)
- IFITT Best Journal Article of the Year (2018) – Williams, N. L., Inversini, A., Ferdinand, N., & Buhalis, D. (2017). Destination eWOM: A macro and meso network approach. Annals of Tourism Research, 64, 87-101.
- Literati Award – Best Paper (2017) – Boes, K., Buhalis, D., & Inversini, A. (2016). Smart tourism destinations: ecosystems for tourism destination competitiveness. International Journal of Tourism Cities, 2(2), 108 – 124.
- IFITT Best Journal Article of the Year (2015) – Williams, N. L., Inversini, A., Buhalis, D., & Ferdinand, N. (2015). Community crosstalk: an exploratory analysis of destination and festival eWOM on Twitter. Journal of Marketing Management, 31 (9-10), 1113-1140.
- Academy Of Marketing Best Paper in Track (2014) – Williams, N., Inversini, A., Buhalis, D. and Ferdinand, F. (2014). Social Media and Festivals as Destination Marketing Tool: A study on Twitter Conversations. Presented at Academy of Marketing Conference 2014. Page 156. Bournemouth, United Kingdom 2014.
- ED MEDIA Best Paper Award (2004)- Triacca, L., Bolchini, D., Botturi, L., & Inversini, A. (2004). MiLE: Systematic Usability Evaluation for E-learning Web Applications. Proceedings of EDMEDIA 2004, Lugano,